Manual of Patent Examining Procedure
This is the 3,200+ page Manual of Patent Examining Procedure used by every US Patent Examiner to learn and reference while they do their jobs. Its importance can't be understated as it relates to the examination process undertaken by the examiners.
This is only published when the USPTO releases a new edition, and features:
- A SINGLE VOLUME with full sized 8.5" x 11.0" Letter sized pages
- When space allows, we add a comprehensive Table of Contents
(see Status page for current release - link at bottom of page)
- Includes Complete PDF on CD-ROM with forms
- Minimum font size of main text is 10 points (any larger will force 2 volumes).
- The appendices of the MPEP contain a copy of the following manuals:
- Appendix R - 37-CFR (Rules & Regs),
- Appendix L - US Code (Laws),
- Appendix T - Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT)
- Appendix AI - Administrative Instruction Under the PCT
- Appendix P - Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property
Please note that the manual copies are often not the most recent
editions available. They were added when the USPTO originally
assembled the currently available version of the MPEP. Which may not be
reissued for up to 2 years.
The current edition, date of publication (month and year) along with availability and prices are listed on the Book Prices & Status page (1st button below) or go directly to one of the order forms with the Order Buttons (below center and right):