SUPPORT FOR PRIVATE SEARCH SYSTEMS
Requests for support of private system Search Systems may be sent via email to Support@IPDataCorp.com. Or, if it is more convenient, just call us toll free at 800-832-2823. Please include a brief description of the issue and save the exact search and results, if possible, and applicable to your issue. V6 and V7 systems are current supported.
We offer the following services for business local to our area (Southeast Volusia County):
- Custom Application Programming
- Custom Workstation & Server Design including complete build/delivery
- Emergency Troubleshooting for computers and electronics interfaces
- Data Inventory Conversion Services (automated format conversions)
Call us locally at: (386) 426-5393 for a quote on services
SAVING BIG DOLLAR$ ON SMALL SOFTWARE PROJECTS
IBM has an article in their Development Library that describes a simple way to develop form-based applications using a browser that can be used on a single computer (without a network) or will easily scale up to a small office environment and save 75% of the development costs (this is our estimate from our experience). Peter Seebach with IBM describes using a Browser with a Local Sever and CGI, and the savings you can realize with this simpler environment over developing full blown, complex GUI applications: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/wa-localwebsrv/index.html
Frankly, we love this idea and we use it regularly on projects right in our own office.
DOCUMENT CONVERSION PROJECTS
If you have data that you need converted to a new format, or several formats converted to a single standard format, describe your requirements and let us give you a quote. We may already have the programs you need completed or almost completed and this can save you a small fortune (literally!).
Contact us and let us know the following particulars:
- Source Format (specification name or type),
- Source character set and language (if known),
- Number of Source publications to convert (approximate number is fine),
- How they are grouped when stored (singe files or multiple pubs per physical file),
- Total current storage size on disk for the source data,
- Destination Format (specification name or type),
- Destination character set desired,
- Any additional translations required such as:
- HTML Entities to UTF-8 characters or HTML format (ex: X² to X<sup>2</sup> )
- HTML Entities to Plain Text (words for scientific symbols or characters)
- UTF or ISO characters to Text or HTML Entities,
- Additional character data translations and insertions for indexing such as Scientific Symbols to plain text name following them parenthetically, for example: Å (Angstrom) Ø (Phase)
- Any reports required such as lists of all scientific symbols or conversions, and
- Anything else you can think of that you may require.
The bottom line is, we can probably save you money and time. Give us a call at one of the above numbers, or send an email with a brief description to IPDataCorp.com with the user name Support and put Data Conversion Info Request in the subject line, and we will let you know what we can do you you, provide you with "ball park cost" and estimated completion time, then you can decide if you'd like a formal quote.
* * * * *